Sunday 27 September 2009

Hexham Abbey Festival


Saturday spent at the Hexham Abbey Festival - unseasonably sunny weather meant I managed to get ever so slightly sunburnt. I chatted with Philip Clark who was involved in organising the food festival outside. The music rehearsals going on inside the abbey were impressive. After the festival, I headed over to Haltwhistle to do some canvassing, and met a number of voters who seemed pleased to see me even though I was keeping them away from their sunbathing! Dinner with my wife and kids in a local restaurant watching Newcastle United hammer Ipswich 4-0. Given his loyalties, I think Bobby Robson would have been both delighted and upset by the result. Night topped off at the Haltwhistle Working Men's Club's 'race night', where I managed to win £2.50 on a racing pig. Don't ask ...

No comments: