Friday 9 April 2010

Out and about in Kirkwhelpington, Otterburn

Today we started the morning delivering our newsletters to Kirkwhelpington residents - weather fantastic, sun hot, shirt sweaty. Even before I was a candidate I was a regular visitor to Kirkwhelpington, as the mother of one of my wife's friends has lived here for years in the house next to the church (pictured above). A few years ago we saw actress Emma Thompson at the summer fair, who's husband's family come from the village.

After finishing our deliveries we headed up the A696 to deliver our newsletter to Otterburn residents, a number of whom were sensibly outside soaking up the sun (who knows, today could be the English summer). I stopped to have a chat with a few people, who gave me some good-natured ribbing about the Labour Party. My mum used to live in Jedburgh, and on the way back we would usually stop at the Percy Arms for a pint and Sunday lunch.

No comments: